NedRink is mostly run by unpaid volunteers and an underpaid ice manager. It’s a big job, and we need help. In addition to the warm fuzzies you get from helping out, volunteering earns you hours towards free season’s passes.
- To earn a free child’s season pass, you need to volunteer 6 hours.
- To earn a free adult season pass, you need to volunteer 12 hours.
- To earn a free family season pass, you need to volunteer 22 hours.
Volunteer tasks include such diverse needs as:
- hanging out at the rink making sure everything’s okay
- carpentry on the warming huts
- flooding the rink late at night
- overseeing operation of the lights
- shovelling snow
- writing press releases
- organizing fundraisers and events
- teaching tennis and skating classes
- coaching youth hockey
- driving the Zamboni
Subscribe to our volunteer email list, and receive updated information on volunteer opportunities!