The Nederland Ice and Racquet Park is an Olympic-sized, outdoor ice rink in the winter. The ice season usually runs three months from the beginning December to until the end of February. The rink is all-natural and unrefrigerated!
We are open all day on weekends and most weekday nights. We offer sessions for hockey/stick and puck, open rec skating, and figure skating. Before you visit us, make sure you look at our schedule so you know what to expect.
NedRINK is non-profit, but it does cost to skate.
|Nederland Area / Gilpin County Residents||Skating Guest from other areas|
|$5 Child Day Pass (under 18)||$7 Child Day Pass|
|$7 Adult Day Pass||$9 Adult Day Pass|
|$55 Child Season Pass||$75 Child Season Pass|
|$110 Adult Season Pass||$150 Adult Season Pass|
|$220 All-Family Season Pass||$270 All-Family Season Pass|
|Skate Rentals – $3/$5 for 3 hrs for Ned+Gilpin and other areas, respectively.|
Note that we are run entirely by volunteers. If you volunteer, you earn hours towards a season pass–if you want to skate cheap, help out!
Remember: We’re a outdoor, natural ice rink in the mountains! You’ll have the most fun if you:
- Dress very warmly–for 8,500 ft in Winter!
- Bring your own food and drinks (none available at the rink)
- Wear a helmet–the ice is natural, so be prepared for all kinds of ice conditions, including snow!
- Be aware of the weather–when it’s snowing the rink might need to be shoveled first.
- Be aware that you will need to sign a liability waiver for everyone–adults signing for minors. Skate at your own risk!
- Come prepared for long sessions of laid-back, skating fun!
The rink does not have artificial refrigeration, meaning that ice quality depends on the wind, recent snows, the weather, the amount of sunlight on the rink, and current temperatures. NedRink does own a Zamboni that can be used to scrape and recoats the ice.
NedRink has three small, temporary, heated changing huts that are always open during park hours.
There is a porta-potty onsite for toilet needs. It’s not directly next to the rink, so bring skate guards.
Bring your own food & hot drinks!